Here is a list of hand selected events for Sacramento's 2014 Beer Week.
Friday - February 28th
- Alley Katz - 3rd Year Anniversary
- 5 cent pints from 6-7PM
- Free food
- Sierra Nevada Brewmaster Dinner at Mulvaney’s
- Featuring Sierra Nevada Head Brew master Steve Dresler
- And UC Davis Professor of Malting and Brewing Sciences, Charles Bamforth
- 5 Farm to Fork courses served family style
- Paired with 5 of Sierra Nevada’s special brews
- Including the enduring classic Pale ale, Ruthless Rye IPA, Kellerweis Heffeweizen, Ovila Quad with Plums, and a special Barrel Aged Narwhal Imperial Stout!
- $60 per person (tax and gratuity included)
- To reserve your seat call 916-441-6022
Saturday - March 1st
- Tank House: Pig Roast and Anderson Valley Tap Takeover
- When we first heard about this event from owner, Jeremy, we could not wait!
- Here are the details according to their site: The team is heading up to the brewery in Boonville for a pig hunt. We'll bring back our prize, throw it on the smoker and serve it up Saturday afternoon along with a great selection of beers straight from the brewery. Miss Maddy's F Street Stompers will be there supplying the soundtrack!
Nishkiki Sushi - 3 Japanese Craft IPAs
- Streets of London in West Sacramento: Pliny the Younger Day! Tickets at 2:00 pouring at 4:00
Sunday - March 2nd
- Burgers & Brew: Russian River and Rare Beer
- Starting at 2:00
- Russian River
- Pliny the Younger
- Pliny the Elder
- Dogfish Head
- 120 Minute
- Bitches Brew
- World Wide Stout
- Goose Island Bourbon County Imperial Stout
- The Shack - The 5th Annual Shack Fest
- $30/$35 (advanced/door) gets you all access to:
- Beer from 13 breweries:
- Auburn Alehouse, Berryessa, Boulder, Crazy Mountain, Dust Bowl, Out of Bounds, 2 Rivers, Beer Valley, Bike Dog, Brewing Lair, Device, Loomis Basin, Track 7
- Live music.
• Boneshaker Public House - 3rd Annual “Big Woody” Festival
- From Boneshaker's site: The granddaddy of them all - 16+ specialty barrel-aged beers will be on tap and available by the glass and in flights to hammer your taste buds with exotic flavors! A true beer connoisseur's event. This year's event is even more special as "Woody" the Deschutes Brewery traveling beer trailer will at Boneshaker Community Brewery for an open house event where you can sample Deschutes beers as well as the first batch of Boneshaker Beers and try out a couple of menu items too.
- Sacramento Beer Train
- $45/$65 general/VIP
- Take part in Sacramento Beer Week aboard the Sacramento Beer Train! This three hour scenic journey includes beer tasting with Speakeasy Ales & Lagers, River City Brewing Company, Track 7 Brewing Company, and Two Rivers Cider Company.
- Musical guest Six Shooter Sunrise will perform on the patio cars.
Monday - March 3rd
- Old Town Pizza and Tap House: Firestone Walker "Kill the Cask Night"
- Velvet Merlin Cask Night
- Starts at 5:30
- Extreme Pizza: The Good, Bad and the Ugly
- Description from Hops to Table:
- Hone your palate with Mike Moore, a nationally recognized beer judge and Hops to Table food and beer contributor. Ten beers of varying qualities will be blind tasted. Sign up for the IPA class at 6:30 p.m. and or the Porter and Stout class at 8:30 p.m. Mike will inform you how the beers conform to BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) style characteristics and why some have potential to be medal winners and others not. Limited to 12 participants per class. Register and pay at Extreme Pizza.
- Hot City Pizza: Faction Tap Takeover
- Faction is one of the Bay Area’s newest breweries, putting out a consistently great selection of unique pale ales and IPAs as well as other traditional styles using a non-traditional approach. Six beers on tap, no waiting!
- Alley Katz - 50% off entire menu
Tuesday - March 4th
- Old Soul @ 40 Acres: Bike Dog Tap Takeover featuring
- Milk Stout
- Mosaic Pale Ale
- Your first Bike Dog beer is $7 which includes a Bike Dog glass. After that your refills are only $4.
- Capitol Beer and Tap Room - Dogfish Head Tap Takeover
- Featuring World Wide Stout and 120 Minute
- The Shack - Mardi Gras: Cajun Food and Live Music
- The Davis Graduate: Pliny the Younger from 6-9PM
Wednesday - March 5th
- Morgan’s Bar & Grill - Drakes & Chili Cook-Off
- Chili & beer? Yeah, okay, that’ll work. Especially with the lineup of Drake’s brews!
- Rubicon Brewing Company - Movies And Pints (All Day)
- Enjoy specials on Rubicon pints and a triple feature. Movies going until late night! STARWARS & Evil Dead!
- The Shack - Lagunitas Pint Night
- Lagunitas always brings a great selection of beer to The Shack, including exclusive SacBeerWeek brews. This year, the special pours include Fusion 19 and Fusion 20. Take home a branded mason jar after you fill it with irreverent beer! Live music by The Vintage Vandals.
Thursday - March 6th
- Dad’s Kitchen (Sacramento) - Bay Area Pint Night
- The Bay Area has some of the best beers. Come for a pint (or a few) of Speakeasy, 21st Amendment, Drake’s, Highwater, Lagunitas (Palo Alto), Bison, Bear Republic and more. It will be a great time. Cheers!
- Final Gravity Taproom & Bottleshop - Oregon Beer Night
- Oregon is home to some of the finest breweries in the US, and they will be featuring three beers from several different Oregon breweries. Oregon beer celebration featuring Gigantic, Upright and Heater Allen, Logsdon Brewing and Commons. All breweries will feature three of their craft brews.
- Old Sacramento Beer Crawl
- The Annual Beer Week Beer Crawl has 7 craft beers at 7 venues for just $10. You need to buy a ticket book pack in advance and simply go from bar to bar in no particular order. Simply pick a starting bar and exchange a ticket for a great 6-9 oz craft beer at: Fanny Ann’s, River City Saloon, O’Mally’s Coconut Grove, River City Brewing Company, Sports Corner, and Vegas Underground.
Friday - March 7th
- Capitol Beer & Tap Room: Hops To Table 1st Anniversary Party
- An incredible selection of beer to toast the one year of publishing for Sacramento’s craft beer magazine.
- Hot City Pizza: German Sour Bier Fest
- Rare tap selections included Freitgeist Abraxxus sour berliner weisse, Professor Fritz Briem berliner weisse, Leipziger Gose and more.
- Freigeist Quince Gose
- Freigeist Hibiscus
- Freigeist Cherry Sour Porter
- Leipzig Pineus Gose
- Ritterguts Gose
- Jester King / Freigeist Sauer Power
- The Shack: Rare Beer Night
No ticket required, pay beer by beer. — The Shack has been collecting beer all year long to bring to you at this special event. You will not only get to taste, but will learn about the beer and their flavor profiles. The owners love saison, so expect there to be a few great ones!
Beers will include High Water barrel aged Campfire Stout, Bison Belgian Tramp, Dustbowl Soul Crusher, Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad brewed w/ Plums, Lost Abbey Angel’s Share, The Bruery Tart of Darkness, & Port Brewing Older Viscosity, all on draught.
Saturday - March 8th
- GBA East Sac Pub Crawl
- 1:00pm Hot City Pizza: Sudwerk Dry Hop Lager & Lagunitas special release
- Mikkeller Tap Takeover including Bourbon Barrel aged Big Worse, Betelgeuze, Hop 19, SpontanRosehip, & Yeast Series: Brettanomyces
- 2:00pm The Shack: Sudwerk Stupid Sexy Flanders & 3 Best Friends & Lagunitas specialty releases
- 3:00pm Morgan’s Bar & Grill: Vareity of Sudwerk beers & Lagunitas specialty releases
- BBQ in the parking lot
- 1:00pm Hot City Pizza: Sudwerk Dry Hop Lager & Lagunitas special release
- Pangaea Two Brews Café: The Bruery
- Join Pangaea to try some of their rarer offerings
Sunday - March 9th
- Capitol Beer Fest: www.capitolbeerfest.com
o 100+ craft breweries
o General Admission $40/Pre $45/Day of
o Opens at 2:00
- Blow the Taps: Discounted craft beer
o Dad’s Kitchen
o Samuel Horne’s
o Pangaea Bier Café